So, you want to know how to hang golf clubs on a wall? Well, let me tell you, it’s nothing complicated. In fact, it’s so simple even a golfer could do it. I mean, we’re not exactly known for our intellectual prowess, right? But I digress. As a seasoned golf professional, I’ve had my fair share of mishaps. One day, I walked into my garage and found my precious clubs covered in dust and spiderwebs. I had a minor heart attack. So, till the day, let’s just say there’s been a few broken clubs, mini-heart attacks & dented walls over the years.
But fear not, my fellow golfers. I’m here to guide you through the process of how to hang golf clubs on the wall step by step, with a healthy dose of sarcasm, of course. Are you ready? Let’s do this.
- How to Hang Golf Clubs on Wall?
- Wall Mounting Golf Clubs: A Practical and Stylish Choice for Golfers and Collectors
- A Wall Unlike Any Other: Hanging Up Your Golf Clubs
How to Hang Golf Clubs on Wall?
I understand the importance of keeping your golf equipment in top condition. Not only do we spend a considerable amount of money on our golf clubs, but we also invest countless hours in perfecting our golf swings and shots. That’s why it’s essential to store and display your golf clubs properly.
Here, I will now show you how to hang golf clubs on a wall like a pro. From the different types of hangers to use to how to creatively display your golf clubs, I will cover everything you need to know.
Types of Golf Club Hangers
There are several different types of golf club hangers to choose from when it comes to hanging golf clubs on a wall. Here are some of the best and most popular types of hangers for your golf clubs:
- Golf Club X Hanger: First up, we have the Golf Club X Hanger. This little beauty is the perfect solution for those with limited wall space. With the ability to hold up to ten clubs, this hanger is an awesome way to keep your clubs organized while taking up minimal wall space.
- Corner Golf Club Holder: If you have a large space to work with, a Corner Golf Club Holder is an excellent option for you. There are 14 slots on this type of hanger, and the vertical design makes it easy to store your clubs in the corner of your room.
- Fan Display: For anyone who wants to flaunt their clubs, the Fan Display is the perfect go-to option. Your clubs are arranged in a dynamic and captivating fan shape, commanding attention from all who lay eyes on your impressive collection.
- Golf Club Wall Rack: If you’re looking for a truly versatile hanger, the Golf Club Wall Rack is the one for you. This hanger is perfectly suited for both storage and golf club display purposes & allows you to effortlessly showcase your golf clubs with pride while keeping them organized and secure.
- Golf Club Floor Rack: It is a good idea to invest in a Golf Club Floor Rack if you have a lot of golf clubs to store & will definitely help to organize your golf bag layout. Depending on how much space you have on your floor, you can store up to 14 clubs with this type of hanger.
I have tried different types of golf club wall hangers over the years. I have found that the Golf Club X Hanger is the most durable and secure hanger, especially for large golf club collections. However, I also love the Fan Display for showcasing a few favorite clubs in the golf bag. But make sure you clean your golf clubs before hanging them on the wall.
How to Display Golf Clubs on the Wall?
Now that we’ve covered the different types of hangers for your golf clubs let’s discuss how to display golf clubs on the wall creatively:
- Shadow Box Display: You know the importance of showcasing your prized possessions in style. And what better way to do so than with a Shadow Box Display? Not only is it a unique way to showcase your special golf club, but it also provides a layer of protection against any potential damage.
- Display Table: A display table is an excellent choice for vintage golf bags and specific sets of clubs. Imagine your guests walking into your office or home and being greeted by your prized possessions on display. It’s a great way to add character to any room and gives an appealing conversation starter to anyone who visits.
- Staff Bag: When it comes to a Staff Bag, a golf club display method that shows off your favorite golf brand, both hanging it on a wall or placing it on a stand work wonders. A Staff Bag is the ultimate statement of your brand loyalty & displaying it proves that you’re a true fan. Not to mention, it adds flair and personality to your space, making it a standout feature.
- Vintage Golf Bag: For those who appreciate the classics, a Vintage Golf Bag displayed prominently on your wall or on a stand is sure to turn heads. These bags are not only a beautiful piece of history, but also a great reminder of the rich tradition and enduring legacy of the sport of golf.
Being a veteran, I have used many different types of golf club hangers and have tried several different ways to display my clubs. My personal preference is to use a Corner Golf Club Holder because it can hold many clubs, and the vertical design doesn’t take up too much space. I also have a golf club display table in my home office where I showcase my vintage golf clubs and bags.
Read More: How to Bend Golf Club Lie Angle Like A Pro
Steps to Hang Golf Clubs on Wall
I highly recommend displaying your golf clubs on your wall for easy access and as a great way to showcase your collection. Follow these steps to ensure your clubs are mounted securely and look visually appealing on display.
|1. Choose a suitable location
|The first step is to choose a location where you can hang the golf clubs. Ensure the location is free of obstruction and visible for all to see.
|2. Collect the necessary equipment
|Once you have chosen the location, collect the necessary equipment. You will need screws, anchors, a drill, and a screwdriver. When I first hung my golf clubs on the wall, I forgot to grab wall anchors and ended up having to take everything down and start over. Don’t make the same mistake
|3. Make a template
|With a template, you can get an idea of the desired placement of the hangers. Make a template using paper, and tape it to the wall. It will assist in aligning the hangers at the correct height and distance from each other.
|4. Drill holes in the wall
|Now that you have the template in place, drill holes in the wall where the hangers will attach. If you are using anchors, carefully insert them into the drilled holes. I also have a gold-plated golf club size chart on the wall and once and at that time, my drilling skills were not the best. So, make sure you know how the drill works.
|5. Attach the hangers
|Once the holes are ready, attach the hangers to the wall using screws. Attach the hangers to the wall holes while ensuring they are leveled and stable. I always have a friend assist with the process of hanging the clubs to ensure that they were properly spaced and aligned. So, get your pals!!
|6. Hang golf clubs
|As the hangers are in place, hang the golf clubs on them. I always attach the club head to the mount first and then let the perfect golf grip naturally fall into place. This technique prevents any unnecessary twisting or turning of the club during the hanging process. Ensure to space them evenly on the wall for a better look.
Expert Tips for Evenly Spacing Your Golf Clubs on the Wall
If you’re looking to hang golf clubs on the wall, make sure they’re spaced evenly to keep everything tidy and visually appealing. Here are some tips I’ve found helpful in my personal experience:
- Plan Ahead: Before you start hanging golf clubs on a wall, measure the total width of the space where you’ll be placing them. This will help you understand how much space you have to work with and the overall placement of the clubs.
- Use Hangers: If you’re using hangers to hang your clubs, make sure they’re spaced far enough apart to accommodate the size of each club.
- Be Mindful of Golf Club Weight: For irons, I recommend hanging them by the toe end to avoid any damage to the shaft. For heavier clubs like woods and putters, use a sturdy hanger that can support the weight.
- Use a Level: To make sure the clubs are spaced evenly both horizontally and vertically, use a level. This will help you keep a straight line, especially if you’re hanging multiple rows of clubs.
How to Hang Golf Clubs on the Wall: Factors to Consider
Many people choose to hang their clubs on the wall, but before you do this, there are a few factors to consider:
- Type of Wall: The first thing to consider is the type of wall you’ll be hanging your clubs on. Wood or drywall may not have enough support, while concrete or brick walls can be too difficult to work with.
- Size of the Room: It’s crucial to have enough space for your golf club to display properly. If your room is small, hanging too many clubs on the wall can make it feel crowded.
- Style of Display: Think about the style of display you want to create. Do you want to hang the clubs vertically or horizontally? Do you want to create a geometric pattern or a more asymmetrical arrangement?
- Protection: Finally, consider the protection of your clubs. Hanging them on the wall can expose them to dust and damage, so make sure to use protective covers or cases. Do not forget to polish your golf clubs before your final golf club display on the wall.
I have personally found that displaying golf clubs on a dedicated golf rack is a great alternative to hanging them on the wall. It not only keeps them organized but also minimizes damage and protects them from the elements.
Hanging Golf Clubs on Wall: How Do I Prevent Damage?
I can attest to the fact that hanging golf clubs on the wall can add an extra touch of personality to your home. However, it’s important to do so in a way that doesn’t cause damage to your walls. Here are some tips to prevent damage when hanging your golf clubs:
- Use Adhesive Strips: Instead of drilling holes in your walls, use adhesive strips to attach your golf clubs. These strips are strong enough to hold the weight of your clubs, but gentle enough to remove without causing damage.
- Invest in Wall Hooks: Wall hooks are a top choice for hanging your golf clubs, as they provide secure and stable support for your clubs.
- Avoid Hanging Directly on Drywall: Drywall is delicate and can easily be damaged by weight. If you must hang your golf clubs on drywall, make sure to use anchors to distribute the weight and prevent damage.
In my personal experience, I’ve found that adhesive strips work best for hanging my golf clubs without causing any damage to my walls. With these tips, you can add a touch of personality to your home without any worry of harm.
Wall Mounting Golf Clubs: A Practical and Stylish Choice for Golfers and Collectors
Golf lovers know the feeling of pride that comes with a well-performed shot, and it is natural to want to display the equipment that made it possible. That is why properly showcasing your golf clubs on a wall is important for several reasons, and it is not just about aesthetics. Here’s why I believe every golfer should take the time to hang their clubs just right:
- It adds personality and character to your home or office space. Hanging golf clubs on a wall is a subtle way of showcasing your passion for the sport and can serve as a great conversation starter. And who doesn’t love to show off a bit with their worthy cost of golf clubs?
- Proper golf club wall displays can help preserve their condition. When stored incorrectly, golf clubs can become damaged over time. Hanging them on the wall not only protects them from getting knocked around but also ensures that they are easily accessible for quick rounds.
- It allows you to easily identify which club to use for your next game. When I’m practicing in my home gym, being able to quickly grab the club I need saves me time and helps me stay focused.
Overall, hanging golf clubs on walls is both practical and aesthetically pleasing. So, the next time you’re deciding where to store your clubs, consider the benefits of a perfect golf club wall display.
A Wall Unlike Any Other: Hanging Up Your Golf Clubs
I hope you found this guide on how to hang golf clubs on a wall both informative and entertaining. From measuring the distance between the clubheads and the wall to using the appropriate hooks and hangers, it’s essential to pay attention to the details when displaying your prized possessions.
So, on your days off or you are not working on your shallow golf drills, take a moment to show off your top-of-the-line clubs with a creative and innovative golf club display on the wall. And remember, if you want to stay up-to-date with the latest golfing trends, tips, and tricks, be sure to follow Golf Ace Nation for all of your golfing needs.
In the wise words of Arnold Palmer, “The road to success is always under construction,” so keep tinkering with your golf club display until it’s just right.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How do you hang golf clubs on the wall in the garage?
Hanging your clubs in the garage is relatively easy. First, find a stable area of the wall, avoiding any pipes or wires. Next, determine where on the club you want to place the hanger – you’ll want to avoid any grooves or rivets. Finally, install the hook according to the manufacturer’s instructions, hang the club, and voila! You now have a stylish way to store your golf clubs.
Q2. How do you store golf clubs at home?
With a little creativity and organization, it is possible to keep your golf clubs safe and accessible at home.
- One effective way to store golf clubs at home is by using a golf bag rack or stand that can hold several clubs at once. This will not only keep your clubs organized but also protect them from getting damaged.
- Another option is to use a golf bag organizer that has separate compartments for each club. This will ensure that your clubs remain in the right position and prevent your golf bag from becoming cluttered.
With these simple storage solutions, you can easily keep your golf clubs in perfect condition and ready for your next game.
Q3. How do you use a golf hanger?
To use a golf hanger, simply mount it on a sturdy wall or in your garage & make sure it is at a comfortable height for you to reach. Then, slide your golf clubs into the hanger & ensure that the heads of the clubs are facing upwards and the grips are secure. This will not only save you space, but it will also keep your clubs from getting tangled or damaged.